Hi everyone! Here is a sort of competition called “webquest”. It is really easy to participate. All you need to do is to be fast enough to be the first one to get all the correct answers!
Christmas is one of the most exciting holidays of the year. But do you know why we do the things we do at this festive time of year? During this webquest, you will learn about Christmas customs and traditions in England whilst having a little holiday fun.
Answer the questions about traditional English customs. Click on the links!
Find the answer to the question and send them via mail to this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. The competition ends on Wednesday,16 December at 8.00 p.m. Remember to write you name and class!
The winner will get:
- a little present
- one “no-homework bonus” (valid once to spend whenever you want in 2016)
- a “10” in the register
There will be a small prize for all those students who will submit the quiz and get at least 5 correct answers.
Are you ready??? here are the questions–> click here
Something funny about school
Late Show with David Letterman is an American late-night talk show hosted by David Letterman on CBS. It’s very popular and a lot of famous people go there for a funny interview. Here I post Jennifer Lawrence interview with italian subtitles. You can learn some colloquial expressions.
Do you like cakes? eating or making them? I like making them!
Here are some pictures and recipes.
Recipe for the Yule log
Do you like Cupcakes? Here and here you can find some inspiration
And if you prefer cookies this is the link for you!
Are you hungry??? I Am !!!!!
Hi! Here we are again with our monthly contest. This time it is about Christmas.
Please post the answers before December 18 – 8 p.m. ( give short answers)
A Nice present is waiting for you.
1.On what day is Christmas celebrated? Dec. 25
2. What is the traditional bird eaten on Christmas Day in England? the Turkey
3. What is another name for St. Stephen’s Day? Boxing Day
4. What is the name of the queen who introduced the first Xmas tree in Britain? Queen Charlotte
5. What is the name of the writer Who wrote “A Christmas Carol”? C. Dickens
6. People kiss under the … mistletoe
7. Santa Claus comes down the…chimney
8. Decorated paper tube which makes a noise and contains a small toy…cracker
9. What colors are the ornaments of your teacher’s Christmas tree? (Hint:2 colors) white and silver
10. Write the title of a Christmas song in English Jingle Bells, White Xmas, Santa Claus is coming to town, Last Christas, All I want for Xmas is you, We wish you a merry Xmas…
Tomorrow you will get your Christmas present!
All the other (few) girls (Veronica, Martina, Nicol, Alessia) who posted a message will get a bonus!
hahahahahaha It’s funny 😀
Congratulations Lorenzo! Good humor and correct English!
here is a preview of your prizes
For the other students who posted a sentence a + in the register! Thank you you are great
These are exercise with HAVE GOT. For me it’s ok, check you prof.!
Esercizio 1 Esercizio 2 Esercizio 3zio
Hi! This is our shopping mall…This morning we went “shopping” in our classroom. There were lots of shops: the baker’s, the greengrocer’s, the toy shop, the sports shop, the music shop, two clothes shops and a stationer’s!
Good job guys! and we had some “funny” thieves, too!
Which shop was your favourite one? Which one was very expensive? What did you buy?
I bought lots of things: one Inter jersey, one Inter scarf ;), a CD by Shakira and one video, a very nice white and blue hat, some bread and some fruit ,too!
Thank you guys! It was good fun!
Happy Halloween everybody!!!